View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #17
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
I use this, it's been on a limited time free offer for about 2 years now.

http://www.pdftoepub.com/

You can crop headers and footers as long as they are in the same place on every page. The text still needs a bit of tidying up after it's done, but not as much as other programs I've tried.
I don't know about the amount of tidying up so much but the file sizes are certainly smaller. With the other one all my files seem to be about 14.5 mb when converted to epubs, and there doesn't seem to be any way to compress that either. Also I think this one makes a single HTML file rather than multiple like the other one (if you convert to HTML format) which is better (IMO). The only problem is that you can't have a single copy on more than one computer so if you have a desktop and a netbook for example you need 2 activation keys.
crich70 is online now   Reply With Quote