View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #7
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Murder at the War A Modern-Day Mystery with a Medieval Setting (Peter Brichter mystery) by Mary Monica Pulver, originally published by St. Martin's Press in 1987.

The author has kept the other novels in the series available to all via Smashwords at $3.99 each, and if she offers a discount coupon during Read an E-book Week, I'll happily scoop the lot even though I didn't like them nearly as much as this first book, given the lack of historical recreationism in the sequels. But they were still decently entertaining reads that would be good value at < $4 each DRM-free.
I echo the recommendation, and thanks, OP, for the tip! I bought and read this series back when the books were first being published in paperback and enjoyed them very much. I'm more of a mystery reader, and only occasionally dip into fantasy or sci-fi, but I very much enjoyed the view into the SCA in the first book. I might even re-buy the others that are available from Smashwords, even if no coupon is forthcoming, although $3.99 IS about the max I'll pay just to be able to clear a few DTBs off my shelves.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote