View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle GDX, Kindle 3, KPW, Nook HD+
Another success story

Haven't seen this mentioned on MobileRead, so thought I'd post another success story.

I ran across a discussion on MetaFilter about Hugh Howey and his little series of books titled Wool[1-4].

Quote:
Hugh Howey was a self-published novelist of no real success. Until WOOL, that is - a 15,000 word "little throwaway story" he uploaded to Amazon's Kindle Marketplace one day and promptly forget about. The story he didn't blog, didn't tweet, and didn't even sell on his site hit #2 on the Kindle SciFi Bestseller list and "changed the course of e-books."
Hugh joins in on the discussion and the comments make for an interesting read. I picked up the first three, read the first one in an evening and nearly finished with #2. Good writing, interesting stories, good worldbuilding. Well worth the $0.99 price and if that's too steep, all the books are available as Prime library books for free. Nice to be able to support an author and still get quality stories.

Wool 1
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote