View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
All of things I wanted to share and /or discuss were done while I was reading the book, outside of MR. Its really difficult for me, now, 2+ weeks later, to bring all of it back together....

Black Rain was an emotionally difficult read. It is very hard to "see" people suffer and it doesn't help to know that "your" country was the cause for said suffering.
Even now, understanding some of the the basic whats & whys does little to help shield the enormity of the loss and devastation. I left the book feeling angry at the United States for building the bomb and angry at Japan for backing us into such a corner that we felt we had to us it.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote