View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 06:00 AM   #3
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW1691 View Post
I have been using calibre for about a week now and have a few questions. Firstly what is the 'Series' column used for? Should I enter the name of the series or the number of the book within the series? Or is it used for something else?
The column is used for both the name of the series and the number of the book within the series. To see how the information is displayed, select a book, press E to edit metadata for that book, then put something in both the series and the series index boxes. Press OK and you will see how the series column displays the information.
Quote:
On a similar note I would like to have a column for the price I paid for the book. Creating the column is easy but again it's the formatting that is proving to be difficult.
What sort of formatting? I assume you created a floating point custom column. The dialog where you created the column has a format box where you can format to your heart's content. Holding your mouse over that box will show several examples including one of currency with a label "Price: $ {0:,.2f}".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote