View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #47
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Heads up for those not following my development thread: I just posted a Reader with customizable number of page turns between screen refreshes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
What would be very useful is an on-device app which lists all your custom .css files contained in the /mnt/sdcard/css directory and lets you pick a new default when you want to change fonts or font-sizes or whatever else.

Not having to connect to the PC to make the change would be very convenient. It could be as simple as just copying the selected .css file to the fixed filename style.css in the same directory. Then your modded reader app would work as-is. This is how the PRSPlus custom firmware for the older Sony models handles this feature.
That would be a convenient solution. I no one beats me to it, I'll take a look at it in the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soseono View Post
Morkl,

Again thanks much for the good work. By the way, I'm using the latest version, and found that the font size setting doesn't follow the global setting value (System Settings -> Application Preferences -> Books/Periodicals -> Font Size Preference). I've set the system setting value to a larger font size (the third smallest), but the font size of all the new books that I open with your modded reader app is the system's initial default value, which is the second smallest.

FYI, just in case you weren't aware of this issue.
Thanks for pointing it out. I'm fairly certain it is because the modified Reader is not allowed access to the stock Settings app's shared data, because it is signed with my key instead of Sony's. I think I'll have to provide a modified Settings app (which in turn would not work with the stock apps) to make it work but I'd love to be proven wrong.
Morkl is offline   Reply With Quote