View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #27
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
Where did you see a 14" ereader in mass production?
Excuse me, I meant large screen one in the 2nd sentence. I probably should have worded it:

Quote:
I want a large screen color (preferably 14") now. Some other large screen are already in mass production like the Jetbook.
Unless his example of "devices in mass production" meant, there is this exactly ONE device. And at a price of $500 the jetbook is not really a steal is it?

But I think that a serious color large screen that is suitable for e.g. PDF files needs to have at least 300 ppi b/w resolution, so that the color resolution is 150 ppi. In the video he fails to mention that you can't turn the color off and use it as b/w with higher resolution at will. That is almost as misleading as saying: this CRT monitor has a awesome resolution - it can display 3 times HD resolution. Well yeah, DOH, because it has red, green and blue dots all over the screen.
DuckieTigger is online now   Reply With Quote