View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #78
BWinmill
Wizard
BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftie View Post
Your instructions are clear and easy to follow but with all due respect, (and as a complete and utter noob) I'm just wondering how rooting the device makes it better. Does it improve functionality and if so, how?
If you can't think of a use for rooting your device, then you probably won't appreciate the improved functionality.

As far as I can tell, most apps can be installed without resorting to root. Also as far as I can tell, adb also gives you root access to the device. Which means that you don't actually need to root a Vox to modify it. I'm guessing that covers the most common cases where people want to do more with their device.
BWinmill is offline   Reply With Quote