View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #85
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@demonseye316: no.

@yifanlu: Took longer than I expected because I was intermittently bitten by a misunderstanding and tried to find solutions for a nonexistent problem. Just to clarify on this: merely putting an update*.bin, then restarting was also not working with the MP3 jailbreak, or was it?

- via Settings->Update, the update works, because pubdevkey01.pem is considered.
- just putting it there and restarting does not work, because pubdevkey01.pem does not seem to be considered. Constantly getting Update error 3 here.

At least this is the current state of affairs on my device. I may also have screwed up something somewhere... (I thought that update*.bin had previously worked here as well with just restarting).

Can anyone clarify on this (i.e. how their device behaves for these two cases, with the mp3 jailbreak first, and then with the tar one)?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote