View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #9
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
You did make a backup of the files you replaced, just in case, good

I don't know how this might apply to Android OS but other OSs have 'code pages' that define the keyboard layout and character set for fonts - English international is 850, Italy is also 850 but has 437 as the secondary page. The other thing that might be causing you problems is the KB id - 141 or 142 - and how that matches with the KB tables.

Looking at my PC operating system, I have a directory called 'language' and in that are two directories 'codepage' and 'keyboard' which contain the code page information in a number of files and likewise the keyboard definitions.
Using this as a guide you could try just adding the Italian definition files beside the standard qwerty ones, you then might be able to select the Italian KB from the menu.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote