View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #13
pdurrant
The Ghost Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Wow. OK, I've never heard of a display being driven over USB before, but it seems that that one is. An so yes, I suspect that if installing Debian on a Kindle gives you the ability to drive the USB post as a host USB port, then it might be possible to write a driver that would drive that display.

It's probably going to be writing that display that's the really hard bit, if others have already done the Kindle/Debian port.

The page of info I found only shows Windows and Mac OS X (intel) drivers. No open source drivers, but perhaps there are some out there that you could adapt.

An interesting project, and more feasible than replacing the eInk directly with an LCD.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote