View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #25
KevinH
Wizard
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,019
Karma: 444444
Join Date: Nov 2009
Device: many
Hi,

I made a quick and dirty kindlestrip_v130.py that does the job and creates a mobi that can be unpacked into exactly the same epub as before.

BUT ...

KindlePreviewer set to KindleFire will not properly show the new mobi document (it shows but all css is lost but if you look in the unpacked version it is properly there). So something someplace inside the K8 part of the real mobi is sensitive to us removing the SRCS section.

So until we find and figure that out, we will not be able to use it.

Perhaps I simply have a coding mistake but as far as I can tell (and as far as mobi_unpack.py can tell) this should work but does not.

I have attached the not truly working version. If anyone can see anything I am doing wrong, please let me know.

If the code is correct, then we might have some real work to do to get something working for K8 mobis.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kindlestrip_v130.py.zip (2.8 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by KevinH; 01-12-2012 at 11:43 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote