View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
badgoodDeb
Wizard
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm-many, Kindle1, K3, iPad, iPhone 4
PDF italics yeilds line breaks

I have a book only in PDF format, and not available to buy a better version. I'm using Calibre 0.8.34 to convert it to mobi for a kindle. Is there any setting or fix I can apply to prevent italicized words in the pdf from generating spurious line breaks and incorrect word breaks too? I tried outputting the DEBUG info, and the problem begins in the input section and has worsened by the parse section. See pics for examples of extra line breaks being inserted, and also for some italicized sections grabbing part of the neighboring word too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-pdf.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	81103   Click image for larger version

Name:	2-Debug-input.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	81104   Click image for larger version

Name:	3-debug-parsed.jpg
Views:	47