View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
dwig
Guru
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Kindle 3/WiFi Retired:Clie - UX50, T415, ...
Personally, I prefer to use a standalone app rather than an online web service. The online services can very easily retain a copy of the data, particularily email addresses.

I use the QuickMark for Windows app (http://www.quickmark.com.tw/En/basic/downloadPC.asp) which will read QR codes and can generate them. There are several others out there.

I also use an "extension" that's available for the Opera browser. There are several available that will generate QR codes for the currently displayed page.

I build WordPress websites and looked into a plugin for WordPress that would place a QRcode generator on a page/post or in a widget area making it possible for visitors to create their own QR codes much like the site you list. I was quite surprised how easy it was to harvest data without real programming.