This started as a post in the Your Rooted PRS-T1 (Screen shots and observations)
thread but grew into a hobby project of mine rather quickly, so I'm breaking it out to avoid cluttering the thread.
I'm working on customizing the PRS-T1 in a different way than the SonyPrsT1Home project; instead of creating a new home screen I'm modifying the stock one (also: other stock Sony apps
). Why? Because I like the look and layout of the stock home screen and it's a great way for me to pick up some Android and Dalvik knowledge.
If you miss a certain feature on the PRS-T1, don't hesitate to say so!
Latest version (Home and Reader) as of this writing: 2012-01-22
- Home screen
- Recently Added instead of Recently Read (will be made optional when I get around to do it)
- Custom apps can be set on all buttons
- Stock launcher page activated
- Bold/italics bug fixed
- Custom fonts in the font selector
- Custom font sizes in the font selector
- Custom CSS
- Customizable number of page turns between screen refreshes
New releases are uploaded here
, code is posted here
. I'll keep posting updates in this thread, but this post may not always be up to date.
Old first post, saved for historical reasons:
- Apps page categories appear in the same order as the config
- Broadcasts intent for screensaver update on book launch
- Reload configuration by pressing back button
- Favourite apps above 3rd page app drawer. Still using the the stock scrolling component for the rest of the apps.
- Custom configurable categories on the app screen
- New configuration file with better structure
- Stock app drawer enabled by default; no need to meddle with system files
- Updates last read time when launching book from home screen no matter what reader is used
- Custom apps can be added to home screen and apps screen
- Installs as a normal apk
- Sorts "Recently Read" books by last read time by itself, no need for books.db hack
- "Recently added" string changed to "Recently read" (relies on books.db hack to get the order right)
V1 and v2 are installed the same way as the root packages, with flash_reader.bat and whatnot. >=V3 is installed like a normal APK.
Don't install V1 or V2 on an unrooted device - it breaks things!
Restore original home screen: http://morkl.se/reader/recentlyread_undo.zip
Modified Reader app, with bold/italics working with the font selector:
- crashes when opening more->settings, new package coming soon
Not quite home screen but should be done anyway:
- Updating the last read time when launching a book (in another reader than Sonys own) currently only works from the home screen, not from the Books or Collections screens. That ought to be fixed.
- Clock, battery indicator
- "Open Last Collection" button
- Better app drawer, possibly like this (todo: make static instead of scrolly)
- Last read book's cover as screen saver when using non-stock reader works when launching book from home screen or modified reader/content manager
- Make "Recently read" an option, some prefer the "Recently added" mode
- Does anyone else have any requests, irks or other ideas about how to make the stock home screen better?