Originally Posted by cathalgarvey
Hi YifanLu, thanks for the Jailbreak! I'm enjoying playing around with this, have put an anti-theft notice on my USB Mode screen and some custom screensavers already. Looking forward to making the most of this.
Some questions though, if you'd be so kind:
1) When attempting to use the Linux version of your packager, I get the following dependency error:
"./kindletool: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
..How do I install all the required dependencies? I'm running Ubuntu Oneiric.
Also, I saw some of the usage notes in the original jailbreak; how do the versioning arguments work? Must I put in the current version and make up a "new" version to convince the Kindle to accept the update? What will this do to future updates, will the Kindle think it's already "future-proof"? (I actually don't want official updates, I'm quite happy with what I have right now..)
2) How might I go about installing sftp? I saw you linking to the binary, but how do I set that up to run the sftp server? Or, is it enough to have ssh-server running, and the Kindle will invoke the sftp binary when required? Should I put it in /bin/ or /usr/bin/ or somewhere else entirely?
Thanks again, sorry for the questions. I'm learning a lot about linux's structure through exploring the Kindle, and I'm looking forward to some fun projects!
1) install openssl, libtar, and zlib
2) You need to crosscompile a sftp server or download one precompiled for ARM Linux
3) The files are all around the root partition