Well, although I come late, I hope my experience is useful for you (I apologize for my English, I'll try my best). I have a PRS-350 and a Kobo touch, and I've briefly tested (it will be a present at the end) a Sony T1:
- If you want butttons for turning page, Kobo Touch goes out: only a button for going home
- If you want to export notes without Sony SW you can go with coolreader in a rooted T1 or the next release of PRS (I alreade have it at my 350 because I build it), that export notes as txt or jpg/bmp according to the type
- Perhaps notes are a bit faster at T1, because if you keep you finger over a word a lot of options appear, note among them. However, I don't know if coolreader works in that way, I didn't root it.
My option is 350 because:
- I don't want to root it: sorry, I develop software, not interested in messing with OS
- It's smaller, so it's great for carrying around in my purse at every places
- PRS offers me some features that rooted T1 doesn't, the most valuables for me -related to library management and something like that
But, between Kobo and T1, with your options: T1.
And about covers: I recommend a book-like cover too. I'm not a very careful person, and with a cover like that all my devices (6 at this moment) have survived to my use