View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #3222
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350/650/T1, PB360, Kobo Glo/AuraHD/Aura6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Is the core code of the reader itself modified, or is there some magic done externally to allow the User CSS code to be loaded?
Yes. If I remember correctly, on the PRS505/300/600/x50 the Sony default css is stored in the non-visible location
res:///adobe/pxf/userStyle.css.

PRSPlus uses a firmware hack (originally by pepak, I think) to change the location to user-visible
res:///Data/database/system/PRSPlus/epub/style.css

I'm a little confused by this because at one time it was considered important that the 2 path lengths be EXACTLY the same so as not to mess up the firmware. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: I just found this quote from kartu in an old thread

Quote:
PS
I've changed path filename, hope you don't mind. In prs+ it looks like:
/database/system/PRSPlus/epub/style.css ("///opt/prps/epub/style.css" in so file, /opt/prsp is a symlink)
res:///opt/prps/epub/style.css would satisfy the identical path length requirement.

I hope you can do something with this info. I'm sending you Pommie good vibes to make my PRST1 even better

Last edited by jackie_w; 01-06-2012 at 07:57 AM. Reason: new info
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote