View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin v3, iPad, Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
1) I was led to believe that other Kindles have web browsers and/or email support, is that true? It's not mentioned in any of the Kindle's descriptions, but I'm sure I've heard people mention it.
They have an "experimental" browser. It's handy to have in a pinch to get a book from somewhere other than amazon, but I certainly wouldn't want to use it for general browsing. I'd expect there's a good split between those who like it and those who don't though, so you may find it's perfectly fine.

Quote:
2) Can the wireless-only Kindles work with a hotspot-enabled 3g smartphone?
If a phone can act as a wifi hotspot, I see no reason any wifi device wouldn't work with it, whilst I've not tried it, the kindle should be fine.

Quote:
3) What possible warrants the DX's $379 pricetag?
No idea, but a guess would be the size of the eInk display or perhaps the with it been more suited for reading text books which are generally more costly, amazon figure a higher price will be paid. Pure speculation though.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote