View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #135
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
@robko: I left it on the Success screen for about half an hour when I originally read this thread, and nothing happened. I also get an indefinite spinner when I try to visit the shop, but it does fill in the wifi bars, which suggests that it is connected to the router but not to the internet.

@PeterT: I can see the device in the DHCP client list. I didn't think to check the logs.

I brought the Kobo in to work today, and tried it on the wifi here, and everything was fine. I'm guessing I must have something set up wrong at home. Where would it get the subnet mask, default gateway and all that stuff from? On the DHCP screen, the only thing I could set up was the DNS. (It's also possible that I just got the DNS servers wrong, I guess. I'd better check that when I get home.)

Edit: (Many hours later) There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my network setup. I've just tried using this netbook over wifi using DHCP and it is fine. It looks like the Kobo just doesn't like my router, and since I don't actually get any errors or anything, I don't see what I can do about it. Makes me glad I have a Kindle, really.

Last edited by DrNefario; 01-05-2012 at 03:45 PM.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote