Thread: New Cybook Gen3
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #12
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by john07961 View Post
Just to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to help me out with my teething problems with my CyBook Gen3.

I have deleted all the documents and books that I had installed (I must admit that I got carried away and uploaded more than I should have and as a result slowed the poor reader right down) Have also reinstalled a system file that was missing.

Now all seems to be well so long as I leave the SD card out, at least this seams to be the case.

Once again many thanks to you all

John
John,

You *should* be able to 'fix' the SD card problem by erasing all the files from it (or tranferring them to a folder on your PC), formatting the SD card to FAT32 and then moving a few across, sticking it into the Cybook, letting the Cybook recognize the new ones and generate thumbnail files, loading a few more files... repeating as needed until all the ebooks are on the SD card. I know, it's a long, involved process, but it *SHOULD* work.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote