View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 03:05 AM   #34
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
I did some research and I have decided that although "RTFM" is a time-honored standard reply in technical communities such as this, it is no longer appropriate for a number of reasons that I have documented in my edits to my previous two posts to this thread.

Another reason to retire this worn-out piece of technical jargon not mentioned above is that this is a truly international community and many forms of subtle humor such as RTFM do not translate well and may cause confusion, misunderstanding, or anger due to cultural differences and differences in technical background and experience.

My previous two posts have been updated to reflect my new understanding of this situation. Please read them if you have only seen the previous versions.

I am an "old-timer" in the field of computers and information technology, and things have changed a LOT during my lifetime. I have come to realize that my choice of words must also change with the times.

Thank you.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-03-2012 at 03:14 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote