View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 01:12 AM   #31
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjheiss View Post
What do you mean by "wget" folder? You mean from the OptWare package I already installed, or from the bash shell?

I hate to be a noob, but I really don't know enough of Unix OSes to know what you're talking about with such vague instructions. :P

Don't I need ncurses installed for nano to work, even if I put it on the USB drive? Or is it pre-installed with OptWare?

Also, why do I need a loop mount, can't I just use SSH to put it onto my Kindle and install it?

Also, when I extracted the .ipk with SSH on my K3G I never got a data.tar.gz... how do I get it? I guess it's about time to install a Linux distro on my computer!

If at all possible, could you write an amateur friendly tutorial for us? That'd be awesome.
EDIT: Inappropriate replies removed because false assumptions were made on my part regarding information availability to newcomers to the linux community (the kindles run linux). There were references to the standard technical acronym RTFM, meant to be humorous (as sort of inside joke), but could be taken as offensive by newcomers. Please read my interpretation of RTFM here:
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1879352

Sorry, but I need some time off. There are manuals and web pages and other documents out there, and to really learn this stuff you can read the GPL source code from amazon, and I hear that there is this new tool called "Google". You should try it.

EDIT: I realize that saying to GOOGLE something is no longer a useful answer. Please read why in my post just two posts down from this one.

EDIT: The following icon shows my feelings at the time that I made the original version of this post. (I have not slept more than 6 hours total in the past 3 days).

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-03-2012 at 03:55 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote