View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #6
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zux2 View Post
I'm *pretty* sure I installed the update in the first one as well. I mean it's possible I was taken to a screen telling me to setup, with information on update 1.9.16, and I skipped setup and just read in this state, but wouldn't it still be running 1.9.16?
Sounds like you did get it upgraded. From your post I wasn't sure if you had gotten beyond that point.

Quote:
Is there anyway for me to use previous updates instead of the most current one? Or even if I could that, would that be not reccomended due to the loss of faster page turns...
You'll find some posts in the 1.9.16 upgrade thread if you want to try that. Speed difference is subtle more than dramatic. Not sure it's a great option.

Quote:
Could Chapters, where I bought it from, just received a bad batch?
Possible, but not likely.
Quote:
Although, the Kobo Touches they had on display showed some serioussss ghosting though. Worse than mine, possibly.
They likely have older firmware but set to default 6 page refresh. I did a factory reset and forgot to change it back to 1 page and couldn't figure out why my Kobo seemed to have gotten a poor screen until I changed it back.
Quote:
EDIT: Could a factory reset/restart the Kobo Touch from the back solve this problem?
EDIT: Furthermore, I have been uploading my own epub books via Calibre. It's the version below what the current one is. Could this be the cause?
Factory reset might help -- sometimes it fixes things that logically it shouldn't be able to. Sideloading with Calibre is highly unlikely to related to your issue. My guess is it's likely primarily related to a less "rigourous" refresh with the current firmware (which is likely a tradeoff to getting faster page turns).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote