View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #9
SteveEisenberg
Wizard
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario1up View Post
That'll work for 3G, but WiFi is built into the motherboard, I'm afraid.
At least in my neighborhood, unencrypted WiFi is becoming a rarity. I live in an attached house, and a quick check shows all three signals, including my own, are secured.

And what if there is an unencrypted signal? One could figure out whose it is, and, in a neighborly way, volunteer to help them keep others from stealing their bandwidth.

Realistically, most people of any age are unlikely to use an eInk browser to access disturbing graphic content. Instead the child is going to do it on a tablet, PC or Mac when at a friend's house.

I hope this isn't making a value judgment about how other people raise their children. I'm just saying that a WiFi Kindle, with WiFi turned off and password protected, is about as child-proofed as anything can be nowadays.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote