View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 04:23 PM   #9
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I'm fuzzy on my past research. We're not confusing copyright and patent, are we? I know that patent laws were to allow the original inventor a reasonable period to profit from his ingenuity, put after a certain period the patent would expire to allow an invention to become more widely available, inspire competition, lower costs, etc, all for the common good.

Copyright shouldn't work the same way, or does it? I have mixed feelings about the idea of my copyrights expiring after a duration less than my working lifetime... or ever.

Even though most of my words are so arranged as to be nearly meaningless, some are NOT, and I'm very sensitive to how they are used by others. I don't even like Google Adwords, which uses my words to drive advertising, but I tolerate it because I understand the economics of forums. But I refuse to participate in any way on forums that use IntelliSense, which converts words within the actual post into ads... that crosses a line with me.

There are venues and publications that I would absolutely oppose having any of my poems appear within, 14, 20, 50, or 200 years after I wrote the poem. Doesn't matter, I want my copyright to mean something.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 05-29-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote