View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2/DXG, FireHD 8.9, Nexus 7, 10, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
As you say, this is annoying and mysterious. My experience has been that the covers come back eventually.

Have you tried clearing the Kindle Reader's data? This can be done at Settings -> Applications -> All apps -> Amazon Kindle. Clearing the Cache does not help, but perhaps clearing all Data will fix the problem.
Wallcraft,

I could kiss you. Clearing the data solved the problem and resulted in a complete refresh of the bookshelf. I had tried clearing the cache but, as you pointed out, it did not help. I also saved a copy of my Documents folder beforehand so I have all my original .mpb files.

There must have been a file corruption somewhere but I'm just happy to have my covers back!

Thank you again and Happy New Year.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote