View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #57
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 711
Karma: 2290994
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: north (by northwest)
Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yeah, thanks for that!

In the mean time, I have been playing around with the "blanket" one a bit. I was initially a bit surprised by the result of "tx --auto-remote", because the folder structure does not make sense at all. So I recreated the entire thing from scratch with a "correct" folder layout, removed the resources you created (fortunately it's only 3 of them), and checked in the stuff again.

After checking out the project again in a different directory, it turns out that the structure was again screwed up. So I was blaming you for something which isn't your fault... sorry

In any case, we now know that for that tool to make sense, it's best to also provide the .tx/config, so people get a meaningful layout of the files locally.
I only realized this now, and also that you keep the master copy in git. So instead of using my own directories locally, I can just sync to the git one :-)

By now, I hope I cleaned up the mess I had created.
There is .tx/config in Bitbucket kindle-touch-l10n repository and this config contains appropriate local paths to resources. You should just use 'tx --push' and 'tx --pull' in cloned repo directory. Those who don't want clone whole repo could just download https://bitbucket.org/katey_hack/kin...ter/.tx/config and place it in manually created .tx directory.

Sorry for not clearing it in time.

It takes away use-cases for '--auto-remote' (as you've found out, '--auto-remote' use it's own directory structure). '--auto-local' should be avoided at all, as it doesn't include all needed info at updating .tx/config. Instead, I've crafted config manually. It's easy.

Would you like to register on Bitbucket and PM me your username? Then I'll give you admin rights to kindle-touch-l10n repository (with commit rights included).

I imagine translation workflow as following:
  • translators add/edit translations at transifex web-interface or via local editing and subsequent uploading to transifex
  • releaser pulls updated resources from transifex to local repo clone, commits them, pushes commited changes to bitbucket repo
  • releaser compiles whole translation update (with tools which are not created yet) from local repo clone and releases it

That said, I wouldn't mind if youl'll add your (existing or new) tools written in Perl (if they will be pretty well commented).

Release actions could be automated up to a point when they're executed by bot on some server and then compiled updates with translation pack are provided via some web-site. This is how I want it to be, but don't know yet if I can do it.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote