View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #112
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKitson View Post
Well, for Christmas, I bought my wife a Kindle. Why? Because she can't read off a computer screen or even a tablet... So I figured E-ink was OK and turns out I was correct.

And finally, she can read Turing Evolved, though due to Amazon pricing issues and update problems I had to actually purchase my own book, so so far, this means it has actually cost me money to publish on Amazon for Kindle.

And is she ever the critic... Every five minutes "What does this term mean?" and "You should have left this section out. It's boring." and other stuff... Though she's picked up six typo's so far too. And complained about several sentences she didn't like. Not to mention taking credit for some of the sentences used in the story every time she picks up on anything remotely related to discussions we've had. She is the most anti-SF reader of all time.

But it's nice finally for her to be able to read the story after it's been out a year So I thought I'd share.

The Amazon primary copy ( The $0.00 one ) is still broken... I am going to have to contact the KDP team and ask why it's not updating. I know they reviewed the new version and cleared it for publishing... So it has me a bit confused...

David
They finally have the $0.00 one fixed. I purchased a copy of the Amazon one priced at $0.00 just this morning.
http://www.amazon.com/Turing-Evolved...5425499&sr=8-2
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote