View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 10:10 PM   #121
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asciibaron View Post
because i don't care. i'm tired of corporations trying to extort money from everyone simply because they can. they are offering the reduced price device for a reason, to market and sell in the long term - they know that $30.00 "savings" will reap sales many times more than that $30.00. thanks but no thanks, every minute of my life doesn't need to contain a commercial for some meaningless product. and why should i pay to stop being bombarded, that is pure greed.
Except those "commercials" have offered people enough discounts to pay for their devises - Ask tubemonkey. The discounts he received in the first couple of months of owning his KSO actually paid for the Kindle. So no, they are not "extorting" money from anyone, they are giving you options. If you didn't want the ads, you should not have purchased the ad supported unit. If you thought you wanted the ads and don't now, pay what the rest of us paid to not have any ads and you won't have to see them anymore.

Anyway, its 2 hours before 2012 starts for me and the last thing I want to do is leave 2011 on an negative note.

May everyone have a very Happy, Safe, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!!

Happy Reading

~Nyssa