View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 10:05 PM   #115
asciibaron
Connoisseur
asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle 4 NT SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus Phreak View Post
Being able to change screensavers or fonts is just fine. There's no one losing money in that scenario.
but the almighty terms of service!

i don't care about Amazon's bottom line, i care about mine. i need to put food on my table and pay for my heat and shelter. sure the Kindle is a huge luxury, but it is one that is very worth it considering the world is opens up - a vast array of writing at my fingertips all the time. i can expand my knowledge on variety of subjects or lose myself in a great story at almost any moment when i have a few minutes. that is far more powerful than the internet and therefore a justifiable expenditure.

i have no idea what i have stolen - the inability to of Amazon to market products to me that i will never, ever buy? what have i stolen exactly, i have a receipt for the device.

i'm curious how much of this is sour grapes by those that expended the extra dosh and can't stand it and disguise that feeling of being cheated as moral outrage.

in the end it all boils down to the same thing; i don't care.