View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #111
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fujitsu P1510 ( Old & Clunky! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I am afraid you didn't have to purchase the book.
You should have downloaded the "kindle version" from Smashwords.
You are correct of course, but I was stuck for options at the time... It was her Christmas present, so I just bit the bullet and purchased the book.

Originally I signed her up to my account too, so she could read the books I have but then she pointed out that now her Kindle said "David's Kindle" and not "Michelle's Kindle" so I was in trouble...

Not much else to do. Talked her through setting it up and let her buy the book. Last night she was up to 1am reading it, and every time I fell asleep, she woke me with another question...

her- "David, do *** and *** get ***?"
me- "Do you really want me to tell you...?"
her- "no..."

5 minutes later...

her- "I know, I know, *** is going to *** right?"
me - "Do you really want me to tell you...?"
her- "no..."

An indeterminate time later...

her- "I don't understand. Why did *** do that?" ( I think she said this. I remember the words coming to me down a long tunnel... )
me- "ZzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzz"
her- "Are you snoring?"
me- "Huh? did you ask me something."
her- "No. I'm coming to bed now." - She was already in bed... She was using her night light.

So this morning I asked her how far she got and I'm pretty sure she was a chapter past where I remember her last question... Or maybe I was too far out of it... I'm not sure how many questions she asked me after that.

But for someone who hates e-readers, she loves the e-ink screen. I will have to get her some more books.

David.
DavidKitson is offline   Reply With Quote