Thread: Vox in the UK
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioslaith View Post
Strangely enough the first thing I did after ordering my Vox was to add the user guide to my Kobo library so I could download/read up on the device before it arrived. It of course was added to the download queue when the Vox first synced on arrival. Then all attempts to access it I get the same error saying that the book (guide) isn't readable on my device yet. I even tried to delete/re-add to library but still can't fully download/read it on my Vox, rather ironic when you think about it
The user guide I downloaded is an 85 page pdf file. You'd have to get a pdf reader app. The guide that comes in the Kobo Vox library is an eBook similar to the pdf file. I've never actually gone through the eBook because I refer to the pdf version on my PC. However, I just discovered that when I press the contents icon, I get an error message and force close. I do believe it's a free book from the Kobo store anyway, so maybe I'll delete it and get another one.

Edit: Okay, I just deleted the Kobo Vox User Guide from my library and downloaded a new copy and the contents button works. Maybe there was a problem when the original free books from Kobo downloaded in the first place, because one of them was missing then.

Last edited by oldyellr; 12-29-2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Addendum
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote