View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
Krystl
Connoisseur
Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-t1
Thank you.

Yes, I love it here--I have lived here for 18 years and so no, I don't have an American credit card. It's just been too long. I'm more European than American--I am having a hard time writing this in English. lol

When I looked at my local Saturn (Salzburg Europark), they didn't have any . It ws most disappointing. Neither did Media Markt or even Conrad across the border. Shopping trip to Munich??? hmmm.... now there's an idea.

My OS is the German Windows7 with German Office, so umlauts etc. should not be a problem (typing on a German int'l keyboard ). Maybe it was the RSS of Kurier that didn't convert--it just kind of "freaked me out"--the information was perfectly fine, but when I opened the Calibre reader, it was all screwed up like a bad e-mail. I read in several languages, so it was suddenly something I had never even considered until seeing the "A24" etc. for the special graphems.

Yes, you caught my meaning about proprietary --Kindle and Nook seem to be sold primarily for their DRM works. Since I knew that DRM is here taboo I decided not to be too direct. I haven't played with that at all (stripping it)--like I said, I am just starting out. (But Apprentice Alf is on my research notes.)

I have been hearing that the e-books are less expensive in the USA. My next visit should include that, as well.

When you buy from Amazon, do you have problems? For me, it always shunts me over to the German website which is much more limited.

Thank you for your help.
Krystl is offline   Reply With Quote