View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #368
dionoea
Enthusiast
dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightWeight View Post
I've scoured my Kindle 4 for the configuration files for static IP and DNS settings. Can't find it. Anyone have a clue? I know I can (and did) change it from the wifi settings menu, but I'd like to change it remotely from ssh.

Editing /etc/resolv.conf won't change the DNS nameserver because it gets rewritten on each reboot or restart of wlan0.
Persistant wireless settings are stored in binary form and can be accessed using wpa_cli. I'm not sure that this contains the ip configuration though (I doubt it). You could just configure your IP statically in the amazon firmware and check /var/local for any file which might contain the IP you gave or just edit /etc/network/interfaces.
dionoea is offline   Reply With Quote