So, I mentioned in the 2011 challenge thread that I use Google Docs to track things for me....if anyone wants to play with what I have done, here is a public link. (Read only of course, save a copy if you want to use it.)
Spreadsheet V5, September 2012:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1lqUU1LQW1BMnc
Mini Spreadsheet (Mini V5), October 2012:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nlUREJTbkUydVE
. This version has most of the analysis stripped out and is a little faster to use. I will probably not update this version as often as the other since it is feature complete as-is. It does not include the yearly progress charts for inclusion in a signature, but those could be created if desired.
Please let me know if you use one of these! I would love to know what people think.
I am an engineer, so I have liked having more information than Goodreads gives. I also (so far) don't care about publisher/published date/etc, so those things (and anything else I don't care about) are missing.
I have left my information in for 2011 and 2012 to have data and show what the charts should look like, but 2013 is blank. Just delete the current 2011/2012 sheets and duplicate/rename the 2013 sheet to enter your own books.
There is an instructions sheet, but it is minimal. I have used this as a means to learning Google Docs Spreadsheets, so not everything is done as efficiently as possible and I am not going to provide tech support. (Exceptions at my discretion.
Edit 5/23/12: I had included a "progress bar" for inclusion into a MobileRead signature, but it has been having problems. It appears that unless the spreadsheet is open somewhere the bar does not always work. I have removed this feature for now. Of course, since I tested it while editing the spreadsheet I never saw this until today. Doh.
Edit 6/25/12: I updated this to account for some changes on Google's end that broke some functionality. Should be easy to import from V3 to V4.