View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I am wondering what is the code 3 in message "UPDATE ERROR: 3" means? I see only codes from 0 to 2 and from 4 to 9 in otaup shell script.

My KT is also "bricked" so that it goes in booting until picture with tree, but then progress bar doesn't shows up and here boot is seemingly freezes. Though Kindle connects to my Wifi AP successfully. And Kindle still could be seen as USB disk when connected to computer.

I've installed Yifan Lu's jailbreak and simple_usbnet_1.1 long before the "brick" but obviously can't enable it now as GUI doesn't shows up. Now I'm waiting for serial adapter, meantime looking in my mmcblk0 dump for the possibility of executing shell code (I need at least "iptables ..." for opening SSH port for wlan0) via some file on FAT partition or through installer shell script in update bundle.

Both attempts are unsuccessful so far. And update bundle is seen by Kindle after "hard reset", but update process is finished with "UPDATE ERROR: 3" (I've used install_simple_usbnet_1.1 bundle just for POC).
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote