View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #14
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
Hi All,

Ive justed purchased my first E-Book Sony Reader. Love it!

My only issue is one of living in Australia. Ive downloaded some public domain books, which is nice and all...

Both Angus and Robertson and Borders have clunky E-Stores. Im into Science Fiction and Fantasy, and being only able to browse by hitting the 'next' button on Borders, with its 4000+ titles seems painful.

Could somebody recommend me a few Sci-Fi + Fantasy books that are worth buying that are not geo-locked out of Australia? Post-Apocolyptic sub-genre would be most welcomed !

Its disappointing to see so many titles Id love to read, geo-locked. Its like the online music industry of 10 years ago. Time to ditch the DRM, and just let the E-book bird fly Publishers. There are a tonne of us that just want to buy books, and we will...if you let us.

Thanks
See Webscriptions :-

Seed - Rob Ziegler
Wastelands - John Joseph Adams

Look at Smashwords, too

There are links in this post to some places to check out at the end :-

Really, Amazon has more books, sales etc. - so look for DRM free books there, download and convert to epub - or crack and convert.

The Australian stores that you mention are mostly useless and often more expensive, at least when I bother to look.

http://www.teleread.com/paul-biba/ha...by-blue-tyson/

Or as others may suggest, change your country to the USA as their books are much cheaper given the Europeans recently set out to rip us off a lot.

The final option of course is the one used by millions of our countrypeople for tv, movies, music etc. that is not available.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote