View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 08:55 AM   #5
f00l
aka bad typist
f00l has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.f00l has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.f00l has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.f00l has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: pbooks, palm, just bought a kindle at the new price
I think audible.com and amazon were partners (in device sales and downloadable audiobook sales) until earlier this year. I think the amazon purchase of audible completed quite recently, perhaps March or early April? Not sure.

Anyway, when I got my audible-discounted Ipod from amazon years ago, it was a partnership marketing agreement between the two companies, as were the amazon sales of audible products then. I suspect that part of their arrangement won't show a change visible to the casual shopper for some while.

I would love to see audible's web site get rid of the all javascript and useless timeouts when a visitor isn't even logged in, just book searching....if amazon took over audible's web design and re-wrote the very flawed audible product search engine, all to the good. I would also love addition promotional discounts between the sites.

But....part of me twinges when amazon eats the universe. Soon, just amazon, google, microsoft, newscorp, apple (as the obvious counter-example), walmart, ebay, bank of america....a few allowed competitors.....a few foreign sites....a few affiliates.....and many nearly powerless consumers.

"Oh, brave new world!"
"'Tis new to thee."
f00l is offline   Reply With Quote