View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 01:15 AM   #40
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 and Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnbcad View Post
Can someone tell me how to edit registry.xml to make FBReader open html files? I read primarily html and FBReader is the only thing that is usable I've found so far. (don't like mobipocket.)
First install iliad-regutils. Then install the attached application. It replaces .opf and .oeb with .zip and .oebzip as FBReader 0.8.14 file extensions. After this change, you can ZIP any single file that FBReader nominally supports but which isn't setup that way in the registry (e.g. .pdb, .txt, .htm) and it will be opened by FBReader from the .zip file. The .oebzip extension replaces .opf and .oeb (which I don't think would work before). If you have an OEB file (e.g. with an .opf), make all the associated files into a zip file and rename it .oebzip. For FBReader to read an ebook consisting of multiple HTML files it must first be made into a OEB file by adding an .opf metafile and creating an .oebzip.

Note that editing the registry is one of the more dangerous changes to the system. This works on my iLiad (and illustrates a better way to do the editing than the original FBReader installer), but be prepared to unbrick if something goes wrong. You can also try a dry run by commenting out (with #) 3 lines in run.sh:
Code:
#	cp ./registry.xml.new /mnt/settings/registry/registry.xml
#	mv manifest.xml install.xml
#	mv done.xml manifest.xml
Then compare registry.xml.orig and registry.xml.new. If the new looks ok, uncomment out the lines and rerun.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fbreader_newreg.zip (2.5 KB, 398 views)
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote