View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 08:37 AM   #12
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherTD View Post
We shall see what happens. If this is their way forward though, then they have lost my custom.
I have purchased roughly 150 books from the Kobo website. I use the kepub formats because I read on my Touch, my phone, and now on the Vox, so the syncing is important to me. My husband only reads ePUBs which have magically become DRM free before they land on his Kobo WiFi.

Out of the 150 books, I had one that was basically unreadable in kepub format. It was fine as an Adobe ePUB without DRM. I had another book that was fine as a kepub, but unusable in Adobe ADE or as a DRM free book. In both instances, the publisher needed to send Kobo new files. This is not a Kobo only issue of course--pretty much every on-line site has, from time to time, had the publisher provide a wonky file, or a file in the wrong format for that particular seller (which was the issue with my second example).

It's rotten when you run into this sort of thing. However, Kobo isn't trying to get one over on you and it is not the precursor of a catastrophic event in the future. It's just a bad file.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote