Thread: 360 Plus Questions from new user
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
welcome to the 360 lovers corner

I have an old 360, but have tried to adapt the themes of the 360 for my 903, and it can be done: there is a compiler for the themes, so you can easily modify an existing theme to redericet the applications shortcut to the correct folder - if you have a go at the (long!) themes thread to try and get an idea, then if you want to try and mess about we can talk about this more.

As for the readers: you do not have to substitute, you can add fbreade180 and coolreader. The advantages of the two latter reading software is that they are also very customizable - coolreader in particular keeps a lot of the book formatting (including scaling of pictures as far as I can remembert), so you may want to have a look. Above all (for me!) these two readers allow you to turn pages just by turning your wrist - so you can forget about the buttons, which is great if you are reading on the beach with your reader tucked into a ziplock bag, or if you are standing on the underground and holding with the other hand to a railing, or in a host of other occasions.

Can't help you with the browser (your firmware is probably similar to the pro models, but I have a touch device, and I think the browsers are different between the touch and non-touch models).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote