View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 02:20 AM   #28
Sassapphras
A Jane of All Trades
Sassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Touch
No. I thought since others were being helped on this site that I might be helped as well.

Update: I have been chatting with CS for about 40 minutes. They asked me to Restore to Factory Default (which I didn't want to do, but did so for the sake of proceeding) to no avail. I was told my Kindle Touch needed to be replaced, which I refused and requested only the tts files be sent to me. I was sent a link to download a patch, but since I am currently living in Japan I am unable to connect to it. CS has looked for an alternative link but were unable to find one. S/he is currently looking into the issue for which I cannot connect to their link. This is not looking hopeful.

Update Update: CS was unable to resolve the issue and is contacting their technicians on the lack of support for international users. They will get back to me via email with an update. Surprisingly (to me), I did receive a $10 gift card.

I just got a PM from shinew with a link to the tts files, which I appreciate SOOO much! Thank you shinew! Unfortunately it's going to take a few hours to download since my internet connection speed is worse than dial-up when it first came out.

Is it possible to post the link I was given by CS for the patch that supposedly fixes this issue? If so, I'd like to be able to help those in the US.

Last edited by Sassapphras; 12-21-2011 at 04:28 AM.
Sassapphras is offline   Reply With Quote