View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
This update broke my Vox.

Battery status falsely reported as at 43% when it was fully charged. Reported as being on charger when it wasn't.

Power button won't work at all so Vox cannot but turned off or put into sleep mode.

Prying the back off the vox and resetting it has not helped. I merely got the Vox to restart and the message to plug into a charger. Power button still does not work.

-------------------------------------------

Man...so sorry to read that you had troubles. I did the following sequences and came through without harm (I think, ...)

First off, I never hacked or rooted my Vox. The only code modifications, came from Kobo firmware updates from the point of sale.

1. With the prior firmware, I saw that my library updated and in notifications, that a firmware update was available.

2. Started the process

3. Waited without touching the Vox (with a full battery, mind you!) and the update mask took some time to even show a green progress bar, and then to travel across around three quarters the space.

4. It finished and rebooted my Vox

5. The Vox came up with another mask stating that the firmware was going to be installed and then reboot itself. This it did after a length of time.

6. Came to the desktop with the firmware installed. Nothing out of the ordinary other than no syncing as soon as you enter your Library. I have not had a hard crash or misbehavior of any kind with the new firmware in place. I also have to tool around and see what was, and where things got changed. For sure, my Vox no longer goes into a SYNC mode when the library app is engaged. If this is a bug, and was not intended..then...it is a first observational bug....

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 12-21-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote