View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #13
JimStar
Enthusiast
JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kyobo eReader, Sony PRS-950, PocketBook Pro 902, PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I'm not understanding you here are you saying marisol last longer than an eInk device?
I wrote about backlight as a key of "long" or "not long".
Mirasol is 20-400% more energy effective in comparison with eInk. BOTH these technologies are designed to use the reflected abmient light, not LED-backlight (to save the battery power), so this comparison does not take into account the backlight, as the backlight LEDs are eating a LOT and LOT more energy than both eInk and Mirasol. So, as long as you enable backlight - this super-energy-effectiveness becomes microscopic in comparison with LEDs appetite and you can forget about this new technology "longlife".
I just had this in mind - if I can use Mirasol without backlight, it will live a lot longer than eInk devices. But at this time - I can't use it without backlight most the time as most of the time I read in low light environment... And in such an environment eInk will live a LOT longer than Mirasol as it does not need the backlight in low light environment.

Sorry if I explain some messy - it is difficult for me to formulate such things well in English.

Last edited by JimStar; 12-20-2011 at 04:14 PM.
JimStar is offline   Reply With Quote