View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #12
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Very cool thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStar View Post
Display is VERY COOL! Nice colors, fast enough and very good readable without backlight (more accurately - it is a SIDElight), the battery lifetime must be longer than in eInk displays (stated in some sources as 20-400% less energy consumption) and a LOT longer than in plain Android LCDs... .
I'm not understanding you here are you saying marisol last longer than an eInk device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStar View Post
The sense of Mirasol (over TFT) - is energy economy, and backlight eats a LOT of all energy. So it makes sense NOT turn on backlight in the same circumstances where eInk is excellently readable and needs no backlight. So, if in low light where I read eInk VERY comfortable, I need turn on backlight in Mirasol
I agree a pure white background is ideal, but I wouldn't mind having a device like this. I read both in daylight and at night. At night I'm usually reading in bed so I have my charger handy.

It sounds like the Marisol is as gray as the original eInks. I found reading in low lighting difficult with my SONY/Kindle 2. What I would have to do is increase the font size and then I would be able to read comfortable. One thing you can do with the Marisol is change the setting to night mode so you have a dark background and light fonts it should help with the contrast.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote