View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #23
beren23
beren23 can illuminate an eclipseberen23 can illuminate an eclipseberen23 can illuminate an eclipseberen23 can illuminate an eclipseberen23 can illuminate an eclipseberen23 can illuminate an eclipseberen23 can illuminate an eclipseberen23 can illuminate an eclipseberen23 can illuminate an eclipseberen23 can illuminate an eclipseberen23 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Touch, iPhone 4
Hi Sassapphras, that's exactly the same error I had when I first tried to access TTS, only to discover I didn't even have the "tts" folder.

The user Shinew was so kind as to provide me with the missing folder and everything seems in order in my Kindle now.

In order to not bug him with PMs requesting the link from every user in need of those files, I don't mind uploading the folder to a file share server (i.e. megaupload) and provide the link here. Does anyone know if such action violates any forum rules or copyright law? If not, I'll gladly do so.

I really don't get how this is happening, the Kindle Touch seems solidly built and until now it works like a charm, but it does seem that Amazon has some QA issues with this Kindle's TTS features... Being a software developer, I also don't understand what kind of design directive places those files in plain sight, inside an easily erasable folder and with no way to restore them unless you're able to get those files from somebody else, if those files must be placed there for whatever reason, the Kindle should be able to recover/repair them by itself

Cheers!
beren23 is offline   Reply With Quote