View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 10:29 PM   #39
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Thanks inameiname, looks great, I learned something about UNIX again...

One suggestion though, your uninstall simply moves back the before saved file. Great if no other changes have been done in the meantime.
But a safer way would be to redo the replace statement and then delete the (completely unused, but still good to have) bkp file.

True. I originally had the replace statement there in the uninstall script as well, but, from what I recall, I changed it because I wasn't sure at the time if the replace statement would mess anything up, and thought it was better to restore the original, as then I know the exact same one as before is back.

Maybe I'll fix it. I am curious, though. What sort of changes might occur on that start.sh script? Does it routinely change? And you say it would be safer to just let the changes happen?
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote