Originally Posted by jackie_w
If you're converting to epub using Calibre, see post #10.
If not, you need to:
- Open the epub with an unzip utility (e.g. 7zip, WinRAR, Calibre Tweak epub)
- Find the .css file and edit it in your favourite text editor. Copy all the @font-face statements to the top of the file (but after the css header, if there is one)
- Replace the .css file in the epub and you're done.
so i've tried it both ways and still can't get it to work.
1. downloaded Caecilia font. renamed it myfont.ttf
and placed it in new font folder in same directory as Books & DCIM
2. tried epub > epub conversion in Calibre. copy and pasted the code provided by jackie_w into the ExtraCSS box. transferred new epub file to reader, but it didn't work. i was able to open the epub file, but the font was not caecilia
3. also tried to edit using 7zip. i made sure the edited file was saved. transferred to kindle and got same result.
is this what the code is should look like? i pasted it to the beginning like instructed. please advise