View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 06:46 AM   #266
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Gave this a try today, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed at the page refresh.
Is it some trade secret that makes the default fbreader fast page refreshes less obtrusive ?
Every time I turn a page there is a sort of outline of the previous page's text for a second or two.
In the default fbreader you don't see this kind of flash unless there was an image on the previous page in which case you see something similar.
Changing the buffer to 2 or 4 didn't seem to affect this.

Any way to get rid of this affect ? it's quite distracting to the eyes.

Edit: After playing with the settings a bit it seems its caused by the anti-aliasing, seems turning it off is the only solution unless your normal font size is smaller than 20.

As an aside its a definite upside to be able to turn it off unlike in fbreader180.

Last edited by J.C.; 12-19-2011 at 02:04 PM.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote